Sunday, October 01, 2006

Oh no not again…

It was late in the Friday evening, with the thundering sky giving a hint of impending rain shower. I peeped out from the window of my living room and noticed the minute rain droplets in the dim streetlight. The pitch-dark sky suddenly reminded me of the time, it was just 8:30 PM, surprisingly just a month ago the sunset use to happen at around 10:00 PM. Anticipatively, the irritating ring tone of my on-call mobile went alive, and it was my college friend, Soumitra, he reached Luton and then we planned to meet up at 9 AM the next day at Euston. He is employed with TCS and is put up in the sex capital of world, Amsterdam.

Every thing was set for a perfect weekend, setting the alarm for 7:15 am, I slept at around 4 am: I had been a nocturnal since my school days and add to it the Friday night fever. The irritating ring tone of my mobile woke me up at 7:00 am and very annoyingly it was a call-out. Every time I forget that people on support should not plan for any outings especially on weekends, seems that the probability of getting a call-out is inversely proportional to your availability. One following the other, one more fault was reported and finally it was already 11am when I left Milton Keynes.

No comments: